For a full range of the extensive services and support visit: www.fertility-support.co.uk
- Zita West Affiliated Fertility Acupuncturist
- BA Hon’s in Acupuncture
- Over 25 years of fertility awareness and training
- Trained Phlebotomist including AHM Testing
- Accredited BACP Counsellor and Psychotherapist.
I sought treatment in my own pursuit to start a family following a complication due to abdominal surgery and personally traveled the infertility path for over 8 years, experiencing all aspects of infertility treatment including in two IVF attempts. This personal experience gives me a unique insight into this area of treatment.
Research has shown that acupuncture can boost fertility in both men and women and can be used both for those trying naturally and those going down the assisted fertility route such as IUI, IVF or ICSI.
For women acupuncture can bringing the menstrual cycle into balance, there is evidence that acupuncture can help with the following:
- Regulate menstrual cycle
- Reduce stress (B Endorphins)
- Improve blood flow to the ovaries and uterus
- Calm the contractility of the uterus, making it more receptive to an embryo
- Improve IVF pregnancy rates
- Endometrial lining
- FSH levels.
Good health in men is as important in conception as the woman’s. As well as medical reasons lifestyle can have a huge impact on the quality of sperm. Acupuncture can help to:
- Reduce stress levels
- Improve semen parameters
- Stimulate reproductive systems
- Improve general health and constitution.
It is a great privilege to help couples that are struggling with their fertility issues.